Scheduling & Visitor RestrictionsWe will be rescheduling some patient appointments and procedures in an effort to protect our patients and staff. Conserving personal protective equipment helps us prioritize the needs of those who may require immediate care. Adjustments to scheduled procedures and appointments will be made as requested by the physician, patient or as required by official local or national public health authorities. We will contact you directly if your appointment or procedure is postponed until a later date. During this time, all Princeton Baptist Medical Center facilities will remain open to care for patients who require in-person visits and time-sensitive care. Thank you for understanding our need to take these measures for the safety of all.
Effective 5/3/2021, by order of the Governor of Alabama and the State Health Officer, each patient or resident of this facility enjoys certain rights to have caregivers or visitors present, subject to reasonable restrictions and current guidance from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). If you have questions, you may ask to inspect the facility’s written policies concerning visitation.
Visitor Restrictions and Guidelines for Princeton Baptist Medical Center
Effective July 28, 2021
Each patient may be allowed one (1) caregiver/visitor within a 24 hour period to help improve the patient’s safety, emotional well-being, physical care, and overall experience.
Visitation for COVID-19 positive patients and/or patients suspected of being COVID-19 positive will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Compliance with the guidelines below is required, and if not followed, may result in removal from the facility:
- Must be screened and cleared prior to entering the building
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must wear a mask at ALL times, regardless of vaccination status
- Must comply with social distancing at all times
- Must agree to practice appropriate hand hygiene
- Must stay in room, but can go to cafeteria to buy food, then return to room to eat
- Depending on certain procedural areas, there may be additional restrictions
- Labor and Delivery will be allowed the significant other, plus a support person
- ICU Visitation times: (10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.